For more than 20 years, Tompkins has been at the forefront of the retail market—from advising clients on supply chain requirements and operating strategies for eCommerce and omnichannel to advancing new concepts of “get local”, final delivery and store fulfillment.
Why is Tompkins Unique?
We offer a full model that includes operating strategies, supply chain structure and lean implementation. As the leader in retail supply chain consulting and execution, Tompkins is the first choice for companies seeking a world-class supply chain that is responsive to changing market conditions, demand-driven for customer satisfaction, and flexible enough for profitable growth. We address retail industry transformations ahead of time to ensure that your retail supply chain remains a competitive weapon.
Meeting Your Challenges
Supply chain challenges in the retail industry continuously shift with market forces, technology, and consumer expectations. We can help you address important challenges such as:
- Globalization – Global supply chains can become complex in this expanding eCommerce environment, and innovations must be responsive to customer demands. Global trade and risk issues also come into play, including compliance with trade limits and quotas, establishing accurate Country of Origin designations, import costs/duties, gray market goods, value-added taxes, and penalty exposure in Europe.
- Customer Satisfaction & Speed of Delivery – Reduced lead times are stressing retailers to accurately predict, manage, and position inventory optimally—the right product, quantity, place, and time—to meet ever-changing customer needs. As next- and same-day delivery become the norm, retailers and suppliers need seamless visibility, improved communication, and proven, demand-driven delivery to maximize sales and margins.
- Supply Chain Excellence – Complexity and pressures for profitable growth have many retail executives uncertain on their path forward to achieving Supply Chain Excellence. We have worked with hundreds of retailers to not only define their path forward, but also to execute on this path to achieve greater customer satisfaction, high inventory turns, distribution center/fulfillment center excellence, reduced transportation costs and increased revenue. We also help companies determine the optimal strategy for outsourcing including the selection and implementation of third party logistics providers.
- Material Handling and Integration (MHI) – The goal of a Material Handling and Integration (MHI) effort is to design a highly reliable integrated solution that manages the flow of product and information from inbound to outbound and all processes in between. As an independent systems integrator, Tompkins develops and evaluates requirements, designs systems concepts and determines appropriate technologies to provide customized material handling solutions with more intelligent design that delivers optimal performance with less capital investment. Our team takes you from design through execution with our on the ground implementation services.Our mantra is “More thought and less steel.”
- Asia Supply Chains – China is fast transforming into the largest consumer market in the world as it also maintains its position as the global leader in manufacturing. Supply chains in China and Asia are changing and growing exponentially to meet the needs of companies engaged in selling and making products in the world’s second largest economy. Tompkins’ Shanghai-based Asia headquarters is producing results for retail, eCommerce, and consumer product companies from around the world in all aspects of the supply chain and go-to-market strategies in China and beyond.