Published November 5, 2014
By Jim Tompkins
CEO, Tompkins International
Alibaba reported its third quarter results yesterday. The results surprised some, but then again, many Americans still do not understand Alibaba. To better understand the e-commerce powerhouse that is Alibaba, I recommend watching our latest video The Alibaba Effect.
Alibaba’s results should not be a shock. The company has a firm understanding of the concept of Strategy-Structure-Implementation. Just take a look at a few highlights of the third quarter results compared to the third quarter of 2013:
- Sales Growth: Up 48.7%
- Number of Customers: Up 52%
- Revenue Growth: Up 53.7%
- Adjusted Net Profit (non-GAPP as one-time costs are removed): Up 15.5%
- Mobile Revenue: Up 10 times
- International Sales: Up 98.8%
The first quarter after the world’s largest IPO is over, and the results presented indicate huge growth.
And just imagine what is to come -November 11 (Singles Day) is in the next quarter. As Alibaba’s numbers continue to climb, watch The Alibaba Effect video and create your game plan. You need to grasp the power of Alibaba as your business “rides” this wave.
- Paper: The Alibaba Effect – What Today’s 3PLs Need to Know
- Blog Post: Holiday 2014: How to Avoid Last Year’s Disaster
Photo credit: www.graphicstock.com