Published November 6, 2014
By Jim Tompkins
CEO, Tompkins International
More than 130 days ago we released the video The Alibaba Effect. Yesterday, the video surpassed 80,000 views. Yes, 80,000!
Why? The majority of business videos do not get 80,000 views in a little over 130 days. If you search Alibaba or Alibaba.com, you’ll find only a handful of videos with more than 80,000 views and many of them were released years ago.
So the question is: Why have 80,000 people watched this video? We went straight to the source and asked viewers. Here are the top 8 reasons:
- I had never heard the name Alibaba and I wanted to understand what they do.
- I saw the 60 Minutes show on TV and I wanted to learn more about Alibaba.
- My co-worker said the video was full of startling facts that he felt I needed to understand.
- I was looking at doing business in China and a search of online businesses in China led to this video.
- A friend felt this was a big deal and suggested I needed to see it.
- I read an article about Alibaba and the article said if you were in retail I needed to watch this, so I did.
- My boss sent me a note saying: “Watch this video and then let’s discuss.”
- I heard a speaker at a conference mention the video and so I wanted to see what all the excitement was about.
Very interesting! I would love to hear your feedback and why you watched -or are going to watch -the video. Let me know in the comments section below or tweet me @jimtompkins.
- Video: The Alibaba Effect video
- Article: Alibaba’s Impact on Retail Supply Chains Is Bigger than You Think
Photo credit: www.graphicstock.com