Tompkins Solutions is a global supply chain services firm dedicated to helping clients achieve supply chain excellence and profitable growth. For over 45 years, Tompkins has integrated its decades of experience in strategy, commerce, logistics, and technology to provide unique supply chain consulting and material handling integration solutions. By combining best-in-breed services and technologies, Tompkins delivers a true end-to-end supply chain solution, enabling clients to improve the customer experience and ensure long-term success.
The Account Executive is responsible for identifying sales opportunities for engagement with both new and existing clients. The ideal candidate will be an experienced sales executive or a supply chain professional with demonstrated success in supply chain logistics, leading consulting projects and or the design and implementation of automated systems. Account Executives are responsible for the full sales cycle from prospect to closure. They lead the company’s sales pursuits as well as provide oversight and guidance to the consulting and delivery organizations to conceptualize and promote solutions that meet or exceed company sales goals and objectives. The Account Executive works closely with Marketing to set and execute sales strategies, identify new business opportunities while building a pipeline, and to qualify and close deals. The Account Executive establishes strong relationships at high levels within key accounts which ensures optimal customer satisfaction and revenue generation.
The Account Executive is a member of the Sales Leadership team and reports to the Vice President of Sales.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates success with direct B2B high-value sales of consulting and integrated industrial automation solutions to C-suite executives and P&L owners at customers of varying sizes and industries.
- Success selling complex consulting and material handling automation and execution software solutions around transformational initiatives in supply chain, logistics, warehousing, e-commerce, and manufacturing markets.
- Ability to devise new and/or improve revenue streams to maintain profitability through customer success strategies, including onboarding to cross and upsell activities.
- Develops and is responsible for >$10M in bookings.
- Communicates with and qualifies sales prospects.
- Analyzes the techniques and successes of the competition.
- Proactively identifies opportunities in the marketplace with new and existing customers.
- Identifies, creates, and executes marketing strategies focused on growing existing. business, assessing new opportunities within existing accounts, and pursuing new accounts.
- Performs analytics for the purpose of identifying sales opportunities, developing strategic approaches for engagement, analyzing trends, and providing reports to management and other staff.
- Consistently exhibits a team oriented, customer focus with strong attention to detail.
- Ensures project profitability through close collaboration with consulting and MHI leadership and achieves consistent sales growth by professionally representing Client’s Solutions.
- Conducts market research into emerging trends.
- Recommends marketing strategies to enhance company sales.
- Generates standard reports for management as necessary.
- Finds new business partners for the company.
- Helps to enhance and maintain the marketing plan.
- Helps to develop new sales leads for the company.
- Reads, develops, and distributes publications on industry trends to aid in keeping ahead of the competition.
- Develops and writes proposals for their opportunities.
- Logs and maintains client engagement and activity in the company’s CRM.
- Focuses on selling solutions with complete understanding and analysis of the client’s existing and future business needs.
- Supports and performs business initiatives such as conducting interviews of new recruits, promotions, campaigns, and tradeshows.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Travel to meet with current and prospective clients on a regular basis
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Logistics, Operations, or Finance.
- 7+ years of experience in Sales, Operations, Finance, or Marketing in either Material Handling Systems or Supply Chain Logistics, or Warehouse and Distribution industries.
- International experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of complex customer agreements, commercial terms, and proposals.
- Experience in either developing or managing comprehensive warehouse layouts.
- Skilled in solutions engineering for proper equipment choices and layout.
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization, both internally and externally.
- Ability to understand and interpret business requirements derived for data analytics in support of retail distribution and e-commerce order data for the use of developing customer solutions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel.
- Proficiency in business and Customer Relationship Management software is a plus.
- Must have the ability to analyze and interpret information and conduct research.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD products.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have good organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
- Must have good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Must have good negotiation and persuasion skills to drive beneficial results in contract negotiations.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must have good conflict resolution skills.
- Must be an ambitious self-starter.