The Project Manager is a key member of the Supply Chain Engineering group. The Project Manager is responsible for executing and leading the design and development of Facility Design Projects for distribution center operations. This entails analyzing and interpreting data to develop key business requirements and using the requirements to develop technical alternatives and solutions that meet the needs of the client. This role is accountable for the quality and feasibility of the design and will need to apply critical thinking skills in order to solve complex problems. The Project Manager leads and orchestrates multiple projects of varying complexities simultaneously.
The Project Manager reports to the Director of Supply Chain Engineering. This position has indirect supervisory responsibilities and is expected to provide coaching and mentorship to other project team members. The Project Manager is a client facing role and will be responsible for communicating and presenting design data, solutions, and alternatives to clients. This position will also interact with suppliers and other business partners as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct, facilitate, and lead the required design efforts for the development of Facility Design Projects (including greenfields, retrofits, and process improvements).
- Define, coordinate, delegate, and execute assignments during a consulting project to achieve the stated objectives on time and within budget.
- Perform site visits and lead key interviews with client contacts to determine assumptions, business rules, and priorities that will govern the project.
- Analyze and interpret data sets to design and develop a wide array of manual to fully automated solutions that meet the business and operational requirements of clients and create presentation materials.
- Develop a business case to justify the solution, including comparison of labor, space, and other variable and fixed costs against equipment and other capital costs over time.
- Develop an implementation path forward for the business case including priority of recommendations and timeline for implementation.
- Lead and facilitate design review meetings both internally and with the client.
- Manage project initiatives ranging from one week to two years in duration.
- Indirect supervision and mentorship for one to five consulting staff members
- Contribute to the team’s success with effective communication between our Client’s employees at all levels.
- Support client development by establishing and maintaining positive relationships with potential, current, and former clients.
- Contribute to the achievement of company-wide revenue goals by pursuing follow-on projects with current and former clients.
- Perform organizational development by researching and writing articles for publication and preparing and presenting to our Client’s internal professional development program.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or related field (BS, BSIE, BET, BA).
- 5-10 years supply chain consulting industry experience.
- Proficiency in MS Access, MS Office, and MS Outlook required. Experience with SQL, Power BI and AutoCAD is a plus.
- The ability to understand and interpret ambiguous business issues and to creatively translate and develop them into logical and structured material handling solutions and/or network designs.
- A track record of strong leadership, solutions design, client management, project management, strategic thinking, problem solving, and influencing skills.
- Proven success working in a fast-paced high growth team-based environment.
- The ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- The ability to adapt communication and leadership styles to the audience.
- The ability to manage multiple clients & priorities and to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Flexibility and the ability to travel as needed. Typically, 40%-60% travel is required.
- Industry knowledge of supply chain network optimization and benchmark distribution practices will be considered favorably.
- Continually required to use a laptop to accomplish tasks and participate in meetings.
- Required to travel to client sites, (airplane and/or car).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to visit client sites including office environments, warehouses, manufacturing, and other industrial facilities and follow required safety rules.