Tompkins Solutions is a global supply chain services firm dedicated to helping clients achieve supply chain excellence and profitable growth. For over 45 years, Tompkins Solutions has integrated its decades of experience in strategy, commerce, logistics and technology to provide unique supply chain consulting and material handling integration solutions. By combining best-in-breed services and technologies, Tompkins delivers a true end-to-end supply chain solution, enabling clients to improve the customer experience and ensure long-term success. Tompkins Solutions is Headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina and has offices throughout North America.
The Sr. Supply Chain Engineer provides an increasingly visible role in helping to develop solutions to complex supply chain issues, while recognizing operational and logistical inadequacies. Provide data analysis, layout/design support, strategic planning and implementation support to project teams.
The Senior Supply Chain Engineer reports to a Director for assignment and Project Manager(s) during client projects. This position involves extensive interaction with employees in all of our Client’s departments, offices, and their clients. At times, this position may interact with vendors and business partners.
Essential Job Functions:
- Contributes to project development by actively participating and/or conducting in client presentations and meetings
- Experience in facilities planning for warehousing and distribution centers
- Supports project objectives by collecting data, generating data analysis, including order profiles, storage profiles, Pareto analysis and interpreting graphical information
- Assess operations and facility layouts to provide solutions designed to increase efficiencies
- Experienced knowledge of conveyor, sortation, storage equipment and other material handling equipment used in warehouses and distribution centers.
- Able to create objective qualitative and quantitative alternative evaluations and sensitivity analysis to develop recommendations and strategic path forward
- Experience in distribution network design, inbound and outbound logistics
- Achieves work objectives by utilizing network modeling tools to set up, design and model baseline and future network alternatives with given criteria specific to client needs
- Achieves work objectives by analyzing network modeling results and communicating transportation and logistics flow efficiency opportunities
- Contributes to project development by troubleshooting deficiencies and operational bottlenecks
- Achieves work objectives by leading the development of project deliverables, serving as a lead consultant, and articulating the day-to-day assignments to the project team and/or serving as Project Manager on selected projects
- Supports client development by establishing and maintaining positive relationships with potential, current, and former clients
- Contributes to the achievement of company-wide revenue goals by pursuing follow-on projects with current and former clients
**management maintains the right to assign or reassign duties to this position at any time.
- Performs organizational development by researching and writing articles for publication and preparing and presenting for our Client’s internal projects
- Contributes to professional development by improving and implementing training courses for tools used in analyses
- Contributes to team efforts by assisting project manager with invoicing
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Engineering or other related Engineering degree
- 5-7 years industry experience
- Adequate competency of MS Access, SQL, VBA, MS Office and MS Outlook
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines effectively under time constraints
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously without close supervision
- Willingness and ability to travel to client sites when necessary and depending on type of project (40-60%)
- Experience of material handling systems
- Previous consulting experience
- Experience in developing project budget
- Experience in MS Project software