Tompkins Solutions digital platform combines loT, automation and data analytics to deliver next generation solutions to the warehousing and distribution industries. Our solutions integrate with management systems, devices, and sensors to provide operational control. Relevant data is also collected and streamed to their cloud analytics solutions to provide strategic and tactical insights to their customers across multiple sites and facilities.
Tompkins Solutions is looking for a Software Engineer to join their team. As part of a global team, you will be responsible for delivery and support of their state-of-the-art platform and applications.
- Become intimately familiar with past and present Company Solution product features and develop a deep understanding of the warehouse automation domain.
- Assist development efforts to migrate legacy customers to new Company Solutions product platforms.
- Develop the necessary software updates for customer projects with other software engineers.
- Participate in project design sessions and advise on the best approaches for product implementation.
- Work closely with other technical groups during project implementations.
- Participate in customer project meetings as a product subject matter expert, and forge relationships with customer project stakeholders.
- Support project teams and customers during application deployments.
- Ability to travel 25%.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or two (2) years related experience.
- 1 year of professional experience in supporting/deploying enterprise software solutions.
- 2 years of professional experience in troubleshooting enterprise applications using the following technologies:
- C++, C#, Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016
- RDBMS – MS SQL, MySQL
- TCP sockets, Web Services, SOAP, FTP, OPC
- ASP.net, HTLM5
- Experience documenting and communicating customer requirements to product teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with management, staff and customers.
- Experience working with distributed teams in a dynamic and fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Ability to always maintain a highly professional demeanor with team and customers.
- Exposure to agile product development.
- Excellent team player.
- Very fast learner; strong interest in learning new technology.
- Ability and desire to work in a high-pressure, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability and desire to delivery high-quality results on aggressive timelines.
- Strong inter-personal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently without much supervision.
Any of the following skills is a plus:
- Understanding of warehouse order fulfillment processes and hands-on experience supporting warehouse management, execution or control systems.
- Working knowledge of Atlassian software tools (JIRA, Confluence, ServiceDesk, etc.).
- Experience with Linux (or variants).
- Experience with no-SQL databases (MongoDB).