Tompkins Solutions’ Material Handling Integration Department is responsible for the design, specification, implementation and commissioning of Material Handling Systems for our customers.
This position reporters to the Director of IT and Software Solutions, MHI and is responsible for providing collaboration and coordination with the client and our consulting group, implementation, integration teams, as Team Leader. This includes leading the design, pricing and installation planning efforts for conveyor and other material handling systems. In addition, MHI Customer Service digital platform combines IoT, automation and data analytics to deliver next generation solutions to the warehousing and distribution industries. Our solutions integrate with management systems, devices, and sensors to provide operational control.
We are looking for a Senior Software Consultant to join their team in Orlando, FL. As part of a global team, you will be responsible for delivery and support of our state-of-the art platform and applications.
Essential Job Functions:
- Become intimately familiar with past and present Cornerstone WES (Warehouse Execution System) product features and develop a deep understanding of the warehouse automation domain.
- Working knowledge of Warehouse Execution Systems features and functions.
- Ability to identify and recommend the features available to Client company for future releases.
- Develop/oversee the necessary software updates for customer projects with other software engineers.
- Participate/Lead in project design sessions and advise on the best approaches for product implementation.
- Work closely with other technical groups during project implementations.
- Participate in customer project meetings as a product subject matter expert, and forge relationships with customer project stakeholders.
- Maintain project status reports and participate in project status meetings with business stakeholders. And internal Client organization.
- Ability to travel 25%.
- Working knowledge of WMS (Warehouse Management System) systems and their functionality, as our Client plans future releases and upgrades.
- Assist with preparation and/or review of proposed project’s Description of Operations documentation to facilitate the transition to the implementation phase.
- Potentially assist with on-site installation duties including project management, site management coverage, testing assistance and operational training as a backup when needed.
- Assist the Software Engineering Team in refining processes, defining standards and have an eye for continuous internal and external (Customer) improvements.
- Assist in the establishment of User Group meetings, identifying issues, new release features etc.
- BS in a technical discipline CS or EE (or equivalent experience)
- 5-7 years’ experience developing Enterprise Software Solutions
- Knowledge of software and coding development standards
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25%
- Skilled in use of MS Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
- Capable of prioritizing tasks and delivering results for quick-turn projects with aggressive deadlines
- Demonstrated abilities as a proactive problem solver (see issues before they become an issue)
- Strong attention to detail and time management
- Requires critical thinking skills, communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills; ability to work with clients, management, and multidiscipline development teams
- Possesses capacity to clearly write detailed technical documents, such as RFPs, equipment specifications, operational descriptions, etc.
- Constantly evaluates ways to improve efficiencies and optimize processes
- Willing to learn about new technologies in the industry and seeks to stay current with industry trends
- Self-motivated performer who can work with minimal supervision and high-level project guidance to achieve desired results
- 5+ years of professional experience in supporting/deploying enterprise software solutions
- 5+ years of professional experience in developing enterprise applications using the following technologies:
- C++, C#, Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016, MS Visual Studio, .NET, RDBMS – MS SQL, MySQL
- TCP sockets, REST API, Web Services, SOAP, FTP, OPC
- Working knowledge of Atlassian software tools (JIRA, Confluence, ServiceDesk, etc.)
- Object-oriented design principles and patterns, experience in designing and developing server-side components/frameworks
- Experience documenting and communicating customer requirements to product teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with management, staff, and customers.
- Experience working with distributed teams in a dynamic and fast paced startup-like environment.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.