Automation results you can count on.
High Impact. High Value. High Confidence.
Unified material handling solutions for uncertain times
Dealing with the level of disruption in today’s world requires agile material handling solutions capable of adapting and evolving to meet changing customer and business needs. Tompkins’ Material Handling Integration team leverages its decades of experience with automated material handling equipment to engineer solutions to solve your unique goals, challenges and requirements. Our thoughtful approach results in optimized distribution and fulfillment operations that increase productivity, efficiency and flexibility while minimizing capital investment and operating costs.
From conception through commissioning, Tompkins’ material handling experts provide seamless systems integration to help you deliver on your specific distribution and fulfillment requirements today, tomorrow and beyond.
Tompkins International offers material handling system design as part of a total system implementation or as a stand-alone design project. Our proven design process involves collaboration from all parties including operations, maintenance, IT and other suppliers.
Tompkins International Support Center provides the most advanced, comprehensive and convenient post-installation assistance available for material handling systems. Our Support Center technicians have extensive integration and installation experience.
Tompkins International has many years of experience successfully implementing material handling systems. Our overall system perspective ensures that every system we implement is seamlessly integrated, combining equipment, software and people for greater operations efficiency.
The ETC is a practical integration of multiple supply chain technologies. It was conceived and built to help provide value to Tompkins’ clients. Experience how this working $6 million dollar, 11,000 square foot center helps you integrate people, software and equipment to improve your supply chain.
Cornerstone provides operational insight and performance optimization inside the four walls of your operation. It is a flexible, integrated system that has advanced management capabilities for conveyor control, inventory control, resource scheduling and order management.
Don’t just take it from us. Learn how our projects deliver on our promise of high impact, high value and high confidence in the client examples below.
DC Reconfiguration Design
Accommodating multiple tenants with varying needs and rising storage requirements
- DC design and material handling systems focused on increased efficiency and capacity
- Rapid, cost-effective redesign that meets service expectations without disruption to current operations
- Implemented a DC design on a strict budget that met service levels without impacting facility operations
- Doubled two tenants’ volumes in size within a 30% smaller footprint
Canadian 3PL Provider
DC Design & Turnkey Implementation
Designing and implementing an efficient distribution center for a major online retailer
- Advanced material handling equipment capable of supporting a variety of product types and volumes in an online environment
- DC design and operations that enable the company to increase efficiency and meet throughput requirements with a five-year plan
- Implemented a flexible solution with the ability to handle changing product requirements
- Increased volume by over 150%
- Improved operational efficiency, appreciably reducing headcount
Designer Denim Brand
New Facility Design & Implementation
Relocating and combining the brand’s corporate headquarters and distribution center into a single new facility capable of supporting increased capacity
- Facility design and material handling equipment that can accommodate aggressive growth
- Rapid deployment without disruption to current operations
- Increased product processing rate by 300%
- Reduced labor requirements by 30%
- New facility deployed ahead of schedule without interruption in service
Global Life Science & Biotech Company
DC Retrofit & Turnkey Implementation
Outdated facility unable to meet future requirements of a central distribution center
- DC redesign focused on increased capacity and space utilization
- Flexible material handling equipment capable of meeting varying SKU requirements
- Designed and implemented an updated facility to meet the company’s long-term projected volumes and new product lines
- Tripled order processing capacity
- Increased storage capacity by more than double
Global Pharmaceutical Manufacturer
Multi-Phased Turnkey Implementation
Manual, paper-based distribution operations unable to accommodate the manufacturer’s massive annual growth and increasing customer demands
- Modern material handling systems and processes focused on increased capacity and efficiency
- Multi-phased implementation approach that does not impact current shipping operations
- Reduced inventory carrying costs by improving inventory accuracy, lot control and traceability
- Increased distribution order processing capacity by more than double
- Reduced order processing lead times from three days to less than one day
Major Medical Devices Company
DC Design & Turnkey Material Handling Integration
Current distribution operations unable to support rapid growth and evolving product requirements
- Material handling systems that enable the company to maintain high order accuracy and on-time shipments while minimizing labor costs
- Flexible solutions and DC design that are scalable for growth and capable of adapting to meet changing product needs
- Designed and implemented a highly automated $17M facility
- Deployed high-speed material handling systems that increased throughput and accuracy and decreased labor requirements
Premium Lifestyle Apparel Brand
Multichannel FC Design & Implementation
Inefficient, labor-intensive fulfillment operations unable to accommodate strong growth
- Facility design and material handling systems focused on increased efficiency and capacity
- Multi-phased implementation that does not disrupt current operations
- Designed and implemented a 120,000-square-foot facility without impacting ongoing operations and customer service
- Increased efficiency of pick and pack processes by nearly 50%
- Achieved 30-40% increase in unit volume
Professional Beauty Products Retailer & Distributor
Multichannel Network Design & Turnkey Material Handling Integration
Outdated operations and systems producing massive inefficiencies and capacity constraints at the retailer’s distribution centers
- Robust material handling equipment capable of supporting strong growth
- Upgraded facilities focused on increased efficiency, capacity and productivity
- Consolidated four DCs into a single greenfield West Coast facility
- Achieved a 20% increase in throughput at two existing DCs
- Increased productivity and efficiency by 30%
Women’s Clothing Retailer
DC Retrofit for E-Commerce Fulfillment
Current facility unable to accommodate the retailer’s continued growth in online and store sales
- DC redesign focused on increased capacity and efficiency
- Material handling equipment and IT infrastructure capable of supporting multiple sales channels
- Designed and implemented an upgraded multichannel facility to meet the retailer’s distribution requirements for at least three years
- Increased storage capacity by more than double
- Improved productivity by 20%