The world of supply chain technology has never been more exciting, dynamic and often confusing, but you don’t have to figure it out alone. Tompkins is leading clients into a new world of technology systems integration through a synthesis of software, hardware and cloud-based systems.
The best technology solutions don’t start with products—they start with an in-depth understanding of your business, objectives and goals. Tompkins’ approach is not tied to specific products. We begin by ensuring that you have the right processes and applications in place to support your unique business requirements. Our team of experts provides you with your options and then implements the best solution for your specific needs and long-term goals.
Don’t just take it from us. Learn how our projects deliver on our promise of high impact, high value and high confidence in the client examples below.
American Workwear & Accessories Company
Supply Chain Execution Suite Implementation
Selecting and deploying a distributed order management (DOM) system and warehouse management system (WMS) in a short timeframe
- DOM selection and implementation for network of internal and third-party logistics (3PL) DCs concurrent with the launch of a new 3PL east coast DC
- WMS selection and implementation for internal DC concurrent with DOM deployment across the network
- Implemented a streamlined operational design that significantly improved fulfillment and retail distribution throughput
- Deployed DOM-WMS solution on time, within budget and without interruption in service
Canadian 3PL Provider
WMS Assessment & Selection
Current warehouse management system (WMS) unable to support evolving client needs
- Updated WMS focused on increased efficiency and functionality
- Detailed evaluation of WMS vendors, platforms, capabilities and costs
- Facilitated the WMS selection process and evaluated each vendor and platform to identify the best solution based on the client’s objectives and requirements
- Selected a next-generation WMS capable of supporting new contracts
Premium Lifestyle Apparel Brand
Supply Chain Execution Suite Implementation
Legacy warehouse management system (WMS) unable to efficiently support new DC processes and material handling automation
- WMS selection and implementation concurrent with new DC startup without disruption to customer service
- WMS processes and interfaces capable of supporting new DC design and operations
- Selected and deployed WMS solution that best fit the brand’s requirements within the allotted timeframe and budget without disruption to current operations
- Designed and implemented WMS processes that supported the new DC’s design criteria and material flow
Supply Chain Technology Assessment
With a focus on supply chain execution, planning and performance management, Tompkins’ assessment methodology provides a comprehensive review of IT system capabilities and process requirements. We identify the right balance between leading edge technologies, existing systems implementations and proven best practices to achieve the highest possible (and affordable) alignment for your operational requirements.
During the assessment phase, our team performs a gap analysis to identify the process and/or technology changes and solutions that will improve data and product flows and reduce costs while minimizing or eliminating constraints. We evaluate enhancements to existing applications, version upgrades and system replacements with a focus on:
- Global supply chain visibility
- Reverse logistics
- Supply chain planning and management
- Transportation management
- Warehouse management and execution systems
Supply Chain Technology Implementation Services
Tompkins provides the effective leadership and coaching that is critical for successful implementation of new processes and technologies. Our team has the practical experience needed to understand how strategy affects everyone and everything and the expertise required for process design, application of advanced technologies, migration and roll-out planning, and configuration and testing. We ensure that changes are accomplished in a timely manner, costs are minimized and the desired objectives are achieved.
Supply Chain Technology Strategy Development
Tompkins works with your vision to assess, develop and formulate the best supply chain technology strategy based on your current and future business and operations strategies. We help you establish a clear path to plan for the right systems and timing, including roadmaps for selection and implementation. We define high-level migration strategies of existing applications and platforms and prioritize systems based on achieving a competitive edge, keeping in mind the available technology solutions such as cloud-based systems and the proliferation of “open” systems.
Supply Chain Technology System Selection
Selecting the right supply chain technology system requires a keen understanding of your company’s products, markets and customer expectations as well as ERP and order management system integration. At Tompkins, we utilize these factors and our decades of experience to identify the right supply chain systems for key operational processes and functions, including:
- Warehouse management systems
- Labor management systems
- Transportation management systems
- Critical “enabling” technologies like pick-to-light, goods to person, unit and case sortation systems, robotics and warehouse control systems