Published March 14, 2018
- What type of content is presented at the Supply Chain Leadership Forum (SCLF)?
At the SCLF content is king. We are fortunate to have two outstanding keynote speakers this year, one to open the SCLF and another to close it. Dr. James A. Tompkins, CEO of Tompkins International and MonarchFx, opens the SCLF with a presentation on the topic of, The Digital Imperative: Dealing with Uncertainty, Speed, and Reinvention. The discussion will focus on the turbulent evolution of business, customer expectations, and supply chains. A separate Q&A session is planned to allow Dr. Tompkins to delve into the details of what this means to companies going forward. The closing keynote will be delivered by Lee McCabe, VP of North America for Alibaba. He will discuss the “Five News” of supply chain. McCabe will address trends that are revolutionizing the retail industry and eCommerce.
We will also have three guest speakers covering topics such as resources in today’s world, Cross-Generation communication, and social media and its influence on the marketplace. These three speakers have been selected specifically for their knowledge and background with these topics. The format of these sessions will be 45 minutes of dialog followed by Q&A. The SCLF will have a new feature this year with four Pechkachas (brief 20 slides at 20 seconds a slide). These short presentations will be pre-recorded and are guaranteed to be quick hitting and informative.
Another feature of the SCLF this year are nine breakout sessions and one executive panel discussion focused on our theme of connecting, sharing, and learning. The executive panel will be moderated by Ben Gordon, Managing Partner at Cambridge Capital LLC. Each of the breakout sessions will be presented by subject matter experts. Several of the session will highlight case studies and lessons learned from supply chain implementations.
This is truly a remarkable line up of keynotes, speeches, and interactive sessions that you will not want to miss.
- Who is attending the SCLF this year?
The SCLF will have 150-200 participants from manufacturing, retail, wholesale, brands, 3PL’s, and leading supply chain solution providers. The audience is made up of supply chain executives with extensive knowledge and experience to share. Networking is one of the important priorities during the SCLF; whether in a social setting on the golf course or during meals, breaks, or sessions, our goal is to talk to and learn from old friends and new acquaintances who attend the SCLF to connect, share, and learn from one another.
- Why should you attend the SCLF beginning with Monday morning’s golf outing to the closing keynote speech?
There are several reasons to attend the SCLF and we hear this year after year from people who attend the event annually. The SCLF meets supply chain leader’s needs:
- Providing meaningful content delivered professionally and practically
- Utilizing a topnotch application to inform and make the SCLF easy to navigate and understand
- Making learning a key part of the overall experience no matter your background
- A focus on networking and sharing with each other that creates a unique environment for learning
- Creating friendships and connections with other executives in the supply chain industry
- Having fun along with the education sessions and speeches
- The great venue for the SCLF with southern charm and hospitality and activities like golf, our tailgater dinner, and visiting Tobacco Road for dinner
- Hosting a well-run and organized event that you will not forget